Friday 5 December 2014

Mini Christmas Trees


Lace and Pearl Christmas Tree
Gift Ribbon Christmas Tree
Feather Christmas Tree
It wouldn't be Christmas without a few home made decorations and this year I have a no-cost idea to share with you that I came across online and that is totally simple to make and looks cute.  As you can see from the photos, different look Christmas trees can be achieved according to the materials that you choose.  I used what I already had in my craft cupboard and you can do the same, try using buttons, scrap fabric, snippets of paper -  almost anything that you have will work.

You will need is a cereal box along with a scissors, some glue, paint (whatever colour matches your materials) and of course the material that you want to use.  Just cut out a square of the cardboard and make a cone shape rolling it so that the print is on the inside. Trim it and then glue it to keep it together.  Let the glue dry and give it a coat of paint. When the paint has dried, just stick on the material of your choice layer by layer until it's completely covered and again leave to it to dry.  If you wish you can then add extras like beads or other embellishments to finish it off. That's it - there's nothing more to it.

For my first tree I used gift ribbon and then stuck on little gems.  The second one is made from feathers - this would have been fab if the feathers were gold, white or silver but I didn't have any and just went with what was in my craft box.  For my third tree I found a piece of curtain lace which I cut into small pieces and glued on.  This one is my favourite.  I'd love to know what you think so don't forget to leave a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here