Thursday 20 September 2018

Pressed Flowers

Hi Folks,

My flowers have now been pressing for a month and I thought I would write a few lines to let you know how they are doing.

I'm really surprised that they have all maintained their colour and look as vibrant as they did when alive.  I have broken one or two as they are very delicate and great care is required when removing them from inside the book.

I will have to do some more research but next time I think I will try placing a couple of pieces of baking paper under and over them in the book to help with the sticking or perhaps some blotting paper would do the trick and help with the moisture at the same time.

This was just an experiment so I am super happy with the result that I have achieved.  I will be rushing out to my garden in Spring to get the first blooms and next time a bigger book to press them in.  An old phone book perhaps.

The only thing left to do is seal them to preserve the colour and protect them.  I believe hairspray does the trick but I reckon some PVA glue applied with a soft brush would do the job just as well, maybe even better.  Another experiment...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here