Thursday 1 March 2018

Mother's Day

Hi Folks,

These last few weeks it's all been about Mother's Day which falls on 11th March in Ireland and UK.  I've been busy making some lovely Mother's Day gifts and cards.

Today though, I'm going to talk to you about the cards.  Everyone loves a card - especially one that is hand crafted by a loved one.  It's especially nice to know that someone has gone to the trouble of making something just for YOU.

Here are a couple of my creations which are not marked 'Mother's Day' so can be used for a birthday or other special occasion.  All you need is some cardstock and embellishments, some glue, varnish, and perhaps a stamp.



You can fold an A4 sized cardstock in two to make a generous sized card or if you prefer,  you can cut the card to size if you have a paper trimmer.  Alternatively, you can buy plain white cards with envelopes ready for decorating.  You should get these items in your local craft store.

On this occasion, I used the ready made cards as that's what I had to hand at the time.  So now you just have to stick on your embellishments using your imagination to create a nice layout.  For mine I used a mix of embellishments including fabric, lace, floral paper, handwriting design paper, ribbon, a wooden frame, paper flowers, pearl beads.  If you have a stamp and ink you can add a greeting to your card or you can just write a few meaningful lines.

Don't forget to let me know how you get on.  I would love to hear about your card making experience and remember if you have any questions, you can message me using the email form on the right hand side at the start of this post or comment in the box below and I'll get back to you straight away.

Bye for now


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here