Saturday 17 February 2018

3D Solar System Mirror

Hi Folks,

Today I'm sharing a recent project that I did upstyling an old bathroom mirror for my son's bedroom.  The theme he asked me for was the Solar System - he wanted planets.

As you can see from the photos there is a panel at the top of the mirror which was the perfect place to add something interesting.


I painted on three circles using a cup, a glass, and a small bowl.  Next I used some modelling clay to add texture to the planets.  I glued it down with some general craft glue and smoothed out some parts that were too prominent.  I then used some wood glue to create splashes over the entire area and left to dry.

Next I painted the planets mixing various colours.  Green and blue (earth)  red and blue, and red and yellow (orange).  I painted the background using medium grey and white acrylic paint and I splattered on white for effect and added glitter.  When dry I removed the splashes of wood glue which created a star-like effect.  I then sealed with a coat of varnish.


Give it a go!

Bye for now


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here