Monday 26 March 2018

Decorated Easter Eggs

Every year I decorate a few eggs with different patterns and styles and now I have quite a collection of them.
This year I just used the cheap styrofoam kind that you see in most craft stores as I wasn't organised enough to order in the wooden ones which give a nicer finish but hey, these look good enough for the few days of Easter.
If you want to give this a go yourself, it's really quite easy.  I used napkin decoupage to do most of them and then painted around them in a colour that matched up.  I used a stencil on the purple one which was a bit tricky but I managed in the end.

If you are thinking about trying the decoupage, just tear out a flower or bird or whatever picture you want on your egg and glue it on.  I used acrylic paint on mine and then some varnish to seal them.  I screwed a small curtain eye into the top of each egg to feed the hanging ribbon through and then made a matching bow which I glued on to the top of each egg. I'm hoping to hang mine from the tree in my garden in France this Easter - how pretty will that look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here