Saturday 4 November 2017

Gift Tag Tutorial

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I hope you are all having a fabulous Saturday and as I promised in my previous post that I would do a tutorial on how I made my Christmas Gift Tags I have posted the instructions underneath along with some photos and I hope you all give it a go.  Please do send me some photos of your finished tags and you can comment below to ask any questions or send me an email through the link on the right hand side of this page.
Hand Made Gift Tags
Gift Tags - What you need:
Ready made gift tags or some craft card (don't use copy paper)
One hole paper punch
Scissors
Découpage glue
Small flat brush
Ricepaper, Napkins or other thin paper scraps left over from other projects
Acrylic paints - I used gold, black and green
Glitter (optional)
Ribbon or twine (for hanging and adding to tags)
Gift Tags - What you need to make your own

Firstly, let me say that I used coloured ready-made tags as that's what I had to hand when I decided to make mine.  Plain white card is probably better though as you wouldn't have to match up the colours like I did so that the colour of the tag doesn't take away from the napkin colour by showing through it.  If this is the way you are going, use the scissors  to cut out the tag shape from your card and use the punch to make the hole.

Gather up all of your scraps and decide what you are going to use on each tag and place them roughly on the tag.  You can mix scraps that match for a more interesting look and don't forget you can add pieces of lace or ribbon to add to the finish.

Glue them on folks - go ahead and stick those scraps onto the tags using the découpage glue in whatever order appeals to you and then leave them to dry.  When completely dry, use your acrylic paints watered down to dab around the tag wherever you think needs tidying up for example if there are any white edges showing around one of your stuck on scaps, use paint the same colour to camouflage it.
Green Gift Tag by Funky-Junk
Using some gold or silver or black or any other dark colour paint, you can dab around the edges of the tag (using your finger) for a more aged look and to finish it off.  Next, stick on whatever embellishments you want, ribbon, a bow, crystals or lace and if required add some glitter by adding some glue here and there first.  Then add your twine or ribbon for hanging and you're done! 

Snowflake Gift Tag
Now you have your own unique Christmas Gift Tags to add a more personal touch to your gifts.  I hope you enjoyed reading my tutorial and that you will give it a go and don't forget to send me on some photos!  You can sign up to receive my posts quicker by adding your email address in the top left of this page.
Pink Gift Tag
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here