Sunday 29 October 2017

Glitzy Faux Pumpkin

Hi Everyone,
I have been dying to glam up a faux pumpkin for ages but haven't been able to source a large one locally so I went ahead and used a small one that I have had for a few years which I bought in a Euro Store for a couple of euro.

First I painted the foam pumpkin in cream - two coats.  I then shaded the creases of the pumpkin using some watered down gold paint. When dry I glued on some gold leaves and painted up some cardboard motifs and glued them into place on the top of the pumpkin.  I added two pieces of gold ribbon and then I dabbed the top of the pumpkin with pva glue and sprinkled on the gold glitter.

I think the result is really lovely and there are lots of possibilities for more pumpkins - stripes, spots, découpage....





I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, please leave a comment below or send me an email through the link on the right hand side if you have any questions.
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here