Monday 16 June 2014

Kitchen Accessories - A Complete New Look

Sometimes it's not just about saving money - getting the perfect match is just as good a reason to renew some of our old household items.  When I got my house repainted recently I found that I was having trouble finding kitchen necessities to match the new decor  Everything I had was tuned into the old colour scheme and didn't match the new.  It takes me time to shop around and eventually I do find what I'm looking for but what to do in the meantime?  Put up with looking at the miss-matches?................I don't think so!  Paint them? .............well why not?

This is what I did with a tattered wooden kitchen towel holder and a purple liquid soap dispenser:




I made up some chalk paint with my plaster of paris and some emulsion (recipe on this blog) painted on a couple of coats and then sprayed with sealant.  Now I have an exact match to my new look decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here