Thursday 27 October 2016

Autumn Wreath DIY

As this was my first time making a wreath I wasn't quite sure what kind I wanted to do - Halloween or Autumn? The Halloween wreaths that I had seen around seemed like a whole lot of hard work requiring difficult to get materials and as I just wanted to keep this one simple I went with the Autumn wreath - plus I had most of the makings of it to hand.

I bought a cheap euro-store Halloween wreath and removed all of the things that were stuck to it (a scarecrow and some plastic leaves) as I couldn't find a vine wreath anywhere else and that's what I wanted for this project.

That done, I made the two large bows from upholstery webbing that I had in the house, using a simple bow tutorial that I found online.  I bought some faux mini pumpkins/gourds (which also came in handy for the Autumnal Centrepiece in my last post). I added some straw that I had also pulled off the original wreath and glued everything on using a hot glue gun.  Two more tiny bows which I made with orange scrap ribbon from my collection and it was done.



Thanks for looking and good luck making your own Autumn wreath.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here