Wednesday 17 June 2015

Bedside Locker Upstyle

I was asked to give a new lease of life to a non-wood, 3-drawer bedside locker - I almost refused when I saw the item, thinking there was nothing I could do to make this thing look good but there's nothing like a good challenge so I just had to give it a go.  It's amazing what some paint can do to uplift furniture like this.  It took three coats of Ivory chalk paint that I mixed up myself and a couple of layers of clear wax to give it some lustre and of course seal it.  I painted the knobs in gold as an afterthought - I was going to leave them natural because they were the only real-wood part of it but I thought some shiny gold might enhance the look.  Needless to say this little locker is loved again...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here