Thursday 8 January 2015

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

I know...I know......it's January and I shouldn't be posting this when everyone around me (including me) is on a mission to lose the Christmas pounds but because I've turned out 3 of these already this week and they got the major thumbs up, I said what the heck!

Now, I do realise that all of you have probably at some stage made a version of chocolate biscuit cake - but not like this one you haven't!  It is, quite honestly to die for - really, you would eat the entire dish to yourself which is why I only make it for other people for birthdays etc. and not for myself - that's way to dangerous!


The ingredients are specific and no alternative can be used if you want the 'to die for' factor.

200g bar of Cadburys Chocolate
125g Kerrygold butter
2 dessert spoons of golden syrup
Half  of a 200g tube digestive biscuits
A handful of almonds (blanched are best)
Clingfilm

First, prepare your dish by lining it with clingfilm leaving enough to fold over the top when the dish is full.

Prepare your digestives by breaking them up into small pieces and placing in a separate bowl.

Heat the pan and dry-fry the almonds for a minute or two until they start to get golden and then set aside.

Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a microwaveable bowl.  Chop up the butter and add that along with the golden syrup to the chocolate.

Place the bowl with the ingredients into the microwave on full power for 1 minute.  When done stir until everything has melted.  If you need to, put back into the microwave for another few seconds but be careful not to overheat as this will destroy the chocolate.  When everything has melted, add the digestives and stir it all up until it looks like everything is blended together.  Pour the mixture into your prepared dish, sprinkle on the roasted almonds and flatten it by pressing down with the back of a spoon.  Cover with the excess clingfilm and press down on it again with your hands and then put it into the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours to set.

That's it, all you have to do now is eat it!

Hope you enjoyed my recipe, please leave feedback, I'd love to hear how your's turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here