Sunday 9 October 2016

DIY Vintage Style Jewellery Box

If you're anything like me, you have a wardrobe or cupboard somewhere in the house that's full of empty jewellery boxes - you know - the ones that came with your birthday and Christmas presents over the years?  The little watch and bracelet boxes with the manufacturers name on top?  Yes, those ones! I have never been able to throw them away as I always felt it would be a 'shame', well, some of them anyway.....namely the hinged ones.  I knew that one day I would get around to transforming them into something pretty and I was right, that day finally came.

I started by painting the box with a few coats of chalk paint leaving it to dry thoroughly between coats.  I used a duck egg colour but you can use any colour you like.  Next, I découpaged it with a pretty floral napkin and then added several coats of matt varnish letting each coat dry before the next was applied.  For the final finish I applied some dark wax to age the box a little and the result is below.........a pretty vintage style box - ideal for carryng your jewellery in when going on holidays!  I just love this box, what do you think?  Let me know by commenting below or emailing me by filling in the contact form on the right hand side of this page.

DIY Vintage Style Jewellery Box




Thanks for looking.
Bye for now



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here