Thursday 25 August 2016

Great Idea to Pretty Up an Untidy Desk

Its that time of year again - the kids are going back to school and it feels like the house needs an end-of-Summer clean up.  The first place that struck me as being a total mess was my desk!  Unnecessary rubbish had gathered there and all of my pens, brushes and tools of the trade were stuck into ugly plastic containers.  This was bugging me most so I tackled it first.

There's nothing like a little découpage!  I found some pretty paper in my collection - floral of course, and got to work.  I measured out strips of different paper to fit around each of the plastic containers and stuck it on with some pva.  When dry, I added some gloss varnish to protect them.  That's it and what a difference it made!  So simple and so much prettier than before.  Scroll down to see the before and after pics and leave a comment to let me know what you think.

Click to make bigger



Thanks for visiting my blog. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here