Thursday 17 March 2016

Découpaged Box Shelf / Drawer Tidy

Last year I found these little boxes in my local Euro store and bought two of them.  I put them aside and forgot all about them until I was doing a clean-up of my craft studio recently and came across them again. As you can see from the pictures below, they originally had some black printed motifs on the inside sections of the box.
 

I decided it was time to pretty them up so I painted one of them taupe using some chalk paint.  It took a few coats to cover the black printed motifs but eventually they disappeared.  I used two different types of napkins and some floral paper to découpage the interior sections of the box, a different pattern for each section.  I sealed it with a couple of coats of sealant and it is now ready to hang on a wall as mini shelves or on a desk or kitchen counter top as a tidy, or even a jewellery box. I think this one looks real cute.  I've still got the second one to do so don't forget to drop by to have a look real soon.

Bye for now



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here