Friday 9 October 2015

Jewellery Box - Painted & Découpaged

Those of you who follow Funky-Junk on Facebook or Instagram will already have seen the transformation of this little jewellery box but of course I want to make sure that all my blog followers get to see it, so here you go.


As you can see from the pics below (scroll down), it was just plain wood to start and needed a little life added.  I started by painting the exterior all over in beige, two coats of chalk paint did the job and it was ready for découpage. Inside the box I first used a pink paint as a base and then went ahead and découpaged over it with a lovely pink floral napkin by Carolyn Donnelly.


I knew I didn't want the exterior of the box the same as the interior but wasn't sure what look I wanted.  I dug down deep into my stash of napkins (I have hundreds!) and found a lovely one that I had been given as a gift.  As you can see it has a vintage oriental look which really suits the box (I had already used one of these on a plaquette in an earlier post - see it here).  Once I had decided that this was the one, I mixed some green paint to match the colour of the bamboo in the design and used it to paint the sides and the borders.  I didn't think the borders looked good in green so changed them to gold and I'm so happy that I did as I think it really sets off the look.  The flowers on the sides were cut from the napkin and then découpaged on.  I finished it off by sealing it with wax and giving it a good buffing.



I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions I can be emailed using the form on the right hand side of this page or you can comment below by clicking on the Comment link.

1 comment:

  1. I will be doing some more of these soon so keep tuned.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comment here