Saturday 9 May 2015

Salle de Bain Plaquette

I'm addicted to making these bathroom plquettes - they are so cute.  This one's a simple design but effective.  For the bath I used a very old print that was one of many that I came across in my collection from almost 20 years ago when I first moved into my house and was crazy into home decor, découpage, furniture renovating and stencilling .....actually.....just like I am now!!


The bath cut-out was perfect for this little job, I just added some paint and a little sparkle to it. I dry-brushed a distressed effect border to the plaquette edges, added some typography that I transferred using a HB pencil.  A few coats of sealant, dark finishing wax and some pink ribbon finished this off nicely while it waits to be hung in someone's bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here