Friday 28 March 2014

Pine Chest of Drawers Makeover - Painted

As you can see from the photos, I painted the chest of drawers a cream colour using my own chalk paint (the recipe can be found by clicking chalk paint recipe) and I'm very happy with the result so far.  I didn't want it all cream though, so I made up some more chalk paint in a taupe and painted the fronts of the drawers in this colour leaving the edges cream.  I then distressed it and will use a wax later to finish it.  I still have some ideas for the drawers.  You'll notice that i didn't paint the inside of the chest - no point in making work and using paint unnecessarily, when the drawers are in this won't be seen.  I think it looks good - hope you enjoyed looking, come back soon to see the next stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here